Thursday 17 May 2012

EIGHTEEN

So apparently I forgot how to put up big titles until now.. oops.

Anyways, on with the blog about my 18 antics. Now I am not proud of what I did on that Thursday night in Cafe but as things go it was an experience and I've learned from it.

So my birthday was on the 3rd April and at the time I was doing street reach (this fabulous Easter outreach program) and it started on my birthday so that was fun and I got sang happy birthday to every single day of street reach.

This is a picture of me happily carrying some grass and other rubbish from one of the houses on Bloomfield estate. This was the last day of street reach and myself and Peter had a fab conversation with one of the residents.

So on the night of my birthday I went to a bar and restaurant, namely Donegans. It was a really good night and I didn't get drunk, woo achievement. I did get up and sing some karaoke. 1st time I was forced to sing the Cheeky Song by the Cheeky Girls, oh what a sight. And then I forced my friend Leah to come up and sing Super Bass by Nicki Minaj with me then Leah , Jess and I got up and sang Don't Stop Believing by Journey. It was glorious. Dinner was really good as well and I had this sweet chilli chicken escalop with chips and my days it was gooooood.

So the next day came and I did nothing for my birthday but got sang happy birthday to again in street reach haha. They thought they were funny. ;)

On the Thursday we went to Cafe after street reach. This night started out as it was going to end. I went to my friend Chloe's house for a pre and had 2 large vodka and sprites, got me tipsy. So we got to Cafe and of course I was immediately bought a drink. Great, this is how the night went on and needless to say I was drunk by the end of the night. I actually blacked out and this is when I went from happy drunk to sad, bipolar, guilty and confused drunk. Thankfully Stephen was able to give me and Jess a lift home but I didn't want to go home because I thought my dad would kill me. So he bought us chips and while he did this, Jess got out of the car and talked to someone on the phone while I sat gurning to Peter how I shouldn't being doing this and I'm not setting a very good example to my friends. Now this was wise as I shouldn't have been doing it. It says several times in the Bible that I shouldn't be too fond of wine. Now I know... it wasn't wine I was drinking but what it means is alcohol. Incase ya didn't know. 

I have indeed learned from this experience and being drunk is not good. No matter what you say. If you say to me, "Awk, it's alright! Just get drunk! God will forgive you anyway!" No. Yes he'll forgive me BUT if I go out to get drunk intentionally, then that's hurting him, INTENTIONALLY! How could I do that to my God who gave up his Son so I could be forgiven for getting DRUNK. Amongst other awful things. Every sin is equal. You can say getting drunk isn't as bad as murdering someone! Morally no it isn't but in the Kingdom of Heaven sin is sin and they're all equal. So yes it is as bad as murdering. 

Humans are weak. God is strong. Beyond what our minds are capable of holding! I'm reading a book at the minute called Crazy Love by Francis Chan and in chapter one he states:

"If my mind is the size of a soda can and God is the size of all oceans, it would be stupid for me to say He is only the small amount of water I can scoop into my little can."

True story. I totally agree with this. Our human adjectives cannot touch the total glory of God. And this is why I can now make the consious decision not to be "too fond of wine."

I hope this is of some value or someone else can relate to this!

Goodnight 

Charlotte :3      

No comments:

Post a Comment