Wednesday 18 July 2012

Learning from myself!

Every so often, I find myself upset by things that are clearly just little silly things in the grand scheme of things. I've learned over the past wee while that nothing is too big or too little for God. I have to catch myself when I'm in that moment of anger, self annoyance or just being sad. I have to make an active effort to tell God what's up and then read the Bible where I know I'll find the answers to my problems and I always come out being like, "you know what, it's not that bad. I just need to sort it out." God's dealt with it in my head and it's all good now. I had one of these tonight. Totally just babbled to my best friend Leah about it and while it helps to babble to a friend about your problems or what you're randomly feeling upset about, God is always the ultimate person to go to.

As I was reading the Bible, I was just guided towards Ephesians and I love Paul's letters, they're just fabulous but tonight Ephesians 4 offered some epic advice to me just what I needed, here's the verses:

  • God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love - like Christ in everything.
  • But that's no life for you. You learned Christ! 
  • Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry - but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Don't go to bed angry. Don't give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life. 
  • Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.
You could actually meld all of those together and it would be sound advice that makes sense. I can't help but sometimes think I can't be made to feel better about certain things, I doubt God's strength sometimes and I'm not afraid to admit that because I'm always proven wrong, hopefully I've learned this time and I'm definitely growing in faith as I go though more hardships and good times. Making effort to go to God about stuff is part of my growth instead of going into myself and doing stupid things like not eating or not leaving my bed for days on end, its happened before and it's not going to happen again because I've finally discovered that I can change it. Nothing is too big for God. He's not some distant 'thing' that is too big for me to talk to, He's my dad that gives me hugs when I need them, and solid (sometimes difficult to take) advice when I need it and is always there for me to talk to. He loves me unconditionally and I'm His, I'm in His hands... He's got me.

Love and hugs,

Charlotte :3

No comments:

Post a Comment