Sunday 8 July 2012

It's been a good day :)

So today's been very, very good :)

It started with going to church which was an unusual experience as it was a Methodist service (I'm Church of Ireland... don't judge!) and I didn't know 1/2 of the songs or this thing called the Benediction at the end which is like the Grace in COI. So that was good and the guys (xplore Peter and Stephen) got a wee present at the start of the service from the church to say thanks for everything. They've been such great guys the whole year, always working hard but also providing us with lots of banter and weirdness :) If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be doing Xplore next year or have come so far in my faith this past 9 months. I guess they've given me all aspects of friendship, always been there for me and given me sound advice. For that I'll be forever thankful.

So church was over and we went to the Rutledge's for lunch which is always good and we had some good food (when I say good... I mean KFC!) then some dessert of malteser cheesecake and oh my days it was amazing! So we then watched the tennis for a bit then Jeff and I headed round to the church to set up and sort some logistics out of what people were going to sit on and where, how to make it as informal and comfortable as possible! We then went our separate ways for dinner and came back for a bit more practice and set up then we were ready to just go for it and give it our all! :) It went really well and I actually enjoyed playing in front of people without being too nervous! The setting was so casual and informal that I think it relaxed me a lot and I would definitely be able to do another one after doing that one!

After the gig we all chilled for a bit and one of Jeff's friends hung about and played the guitar and jammed! It was awesome! We then played football for a while and who knew that my ninja skills would come in handy for football?! Haha! Over all it was just a really good night and I think praying before we went out to play helped a lot and people seemed to enjoy the night and we definitely did. (or I did LOL) One bad part was saying good-bye to Stephen, even though he didn't wait around, Peter and Neville. I know I'll see them all again because Stephen is helping with the Holiday Bible Club in my church and then Neville is head of Xplore and Peter is doing Xplore next year again so it's not a proper good-bye but I'll definitely miss having them around all the time and in church as well! 

Last thought: God is good, He provides us with talents that bring people closer and make us feel alive and in touch with ourselves again. 

Much, much, crazy, hyper love!

Charlotte :3

No comments:

Post a Comment