Sunday 9 September 2012

Flying the nest...

So I'm going to Romania in 9 days!

I'm going to make a gap year blog to store memories, reflect on what God's been doing in my life and of course what I've been doing and learning.

This is a big thing for me. Originally my mum and dad were totally against me doing this gap year but now, mum's all for it and dad's just accepted the fact I'm doing it! I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone in, it's crazy! 18 weeks ago was my last day of school! Doesn't feel like it, and in 2 days I'm leaving home for 7 weeks. I keep telling people in exactly 2 months I'll be back home, which is true, I'm back on the 9th November.

I'm so excited to see what's going to happen, what God's going to challenge me to do. After all, I felt like He was telling me to get out of my comfort zone, so this is what I'm doing! Leaving home for 7 weeks to serve others and share the love of God through actions. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous! There's a lot of scariness that comes with this, I've never been to Romania before, I have never been away from my parents or home for this long and I don't know the majority of the people who are going on Xplore. I have the comfort of knowing 3 people and knowing that most of the people are from Northern Ireland (so I'm told).

I might still update this blog, just when I feel like rambling about something not about the gap year, but I don't know how often that'll be! For now, it's a cherio for this blog but onto the next! I'll post the link to facebook as per usual and see what comes of it!

Thank you for reading my sometimes controversial opinions and rants ;)

Charlotte :3

No comments:

Post a Comment